Seeing as I’ve started this new blog and some of you are new to Drawn by Rhiannon, I thought I would make a post of a quick introduction so you know who’s talking to you.
This is me! I’m not a fan of having my photo taken so you won’t see my face much around here (but if you ever want to talk to me face-to-face, come and visit me at a market! Find a list of events here).
I studied Fashion Graphics at Southampton Solent University and graduated with a First Class Honours. I’m going to do a whole different blog post about how I got into print design and my process, but for now, here’s some random facts about me to get a sneak peek into the designer behind Drawn by Rhiannon.
- Just in case you weren’t sure, my name is Rhiannon and I like to draw.
- I live in Newcastle Upon Tyne by the sea and I love it here! The beach is my absolute happy place and gives me so much inspiration.
- I’m not originally from here so don’t be surprised when I don’t talk with a Geordie accent. I’ve moved all over but grew up in Derbyshire.
- I have a ridiculously cute pet rabbit called Cucumber. If you follow Drawn by Rhiannon on social media you’ll see snaps of her now and again on there.
- I am most definitely a sweet person rather than savoury. I can’t get through the day without chocolate and biscuits!
- I love travelling. I’m always saving up for the next adventure to experience new cultures, food and print inspiration.
- I’m big into music, especially rock and jazz. I used to play the flute but now my main instrument is the ukulele. In total I have two ukuleles, two guitars, a flute, a keyboard, bongos and maracas.
- If you hadn’t noticed from my print designs, I’m a fan of bright colours. My house is literally a rainbow.
- I really enjoy cooking and baking so you might see some foodie posts on here sometimes – would people be in to that?
- Finally, I love my job! Every day it amazes me that I’m lucky enough to do what I love for a living and I’m so thankful to all you lovely lot for making it possible by supporting me!
So that’s a little insight in to me, why not comment below with some random facts about you?